Sunday, March 22, 2009

Proverbs 23 - Riches

Okay I am back from Hiatus. Had family in town so it was tough to blog

4 Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit. 5 In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle.

Do you know people who are always trying to get rich? What their reasons? I know I have spent a lot of time and energy trying to get rich, but I hope mine are for the right reasons. I want to be able to do more for the Lord, to do more for my family and be there more for them without having to work and 8-? job. I don't want my job to control me I want to control my job, and control what I do and where I go every day. I believe those are all good reasons and I have tried hard. Thing is, I am an idea person. I have tons of ideas that would be extremely marketable and profitable. I try to keep most of those ideas so that they would honor God. Problem is, ideas are just ideas without a plan to make them reality. It takes money to make money. It is a quandary that many people I know are in.

I am about to the point where I am just going to stop fretting about it and just let it lie. If it is meant to happen God will make it happen. If not I accept what God has in store for me. Jesus said not to lay up for yourself treasures that moth and rust can destroy, or thieves can steal, but to lay up for yourself treasures in heaven. That has been my focus lately and for quite a while. I could write a book on the bad things I have done in my life and only a couple of chapters of the good. I want there to be volumes of good so that when I go before my heavenly Father, he will say, "Well done good and faithful servant"

No comments: