Friday, March 6, 2009

Proverbs 3 - Kill em with Kindness

3:3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Write them deep within your heart. 4 Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation.

Would you consider yourself loyal? How about kind? I feel that I am a very loyal person. Betraying some one's loyalty is the one thing I despise the most. I always have. From a very young age I realized how most people are not loyal. You cannot depend on them. Over the last 20 years this quality has all but disappeared from the general populace, even among Christians. This should not be so. If anyone can be depended on it should be a Christ-follower. After all wasn't Christ loyal to us? Loyal even unto death on the cross. It really pains me to see all the people that call themselves Christians yet the sleep around all over the place, the marry and divorce like changing their underwear, the gossip and slander their friends and neighbors. It is a really good thing I don't wield the power or I would zap a lot of people.

Which leads to the second quality. Kindness. Are you kind. I think I am sometimes. I know I am not at others. It is extremely hard to be kind all the time. I go out with the best intentions but those kindness killers are everywhere. They are rude, belligerent, obnoxious, and selfish. They step on you like a door mat and you tend to lose your ability to exude kindness. These are the times we need to remember Jesus and the cross. Even when He was beaten, scourged, spit on, mocked, and crucified, He prayed for His tormentors, He blessed thieves and sinners! What an awesome God we serve that He could still love us after all the things we do. God promises we will earn His favor, and a good reputation by continuing to be kind even when the kindness killers are all around. Stand your ground! Love with everything you are!



Tammy Trent "At the Foot of the Cross

No comments: