Monday, February 16, 2009

Proverbs 14 - the Lord's Protection

14:26 He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.

The best gift I can give to my children is protection and I cannot always give them that. No matter how much I try to keep them from harm, keep them out of trouble, keep them from disease, or from getting their feeling hurt, I cannot always be there for them. But God can. This verse gives me an intense feeling of hope. God is always there, God is always around to protect my children. Even when I can't be, He can. Even when I am gone, He will still be. I know that if I trust in God, He will take care of and protect my children. Does that mean nothing will ever happen to them. No. But it means that God will work in their best interest on account of my faith in Him. He will draw them into His home, into his walls, into his protection, and unto Him.






Kutless " Strong Tower"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful :)
We are so lucky to have a Lord like ours! To be created with so much love and care!
I can't wait for that final day when there will be no more sorrow nor pain!
All praise and glory to our Lord, and may we treat others as though they were Jesus himself, for he died for them, you and I, thank you Lord, for creating us, so we can know you!