Monday, February 23, 2009

Proverbs 23 - Easy Come, Easy Go

23:5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

How quickly riches can be taken away. How many of us could survive without a job very long. We would quickly have to start liquidating assets just to make ends meet and put food on the table. Have you ever been in a position where you felt wealthy or that you had considerable wealth? What about having and then losing it all? I have done this. Trust me it takes a life time to earn it and a couple of years to lose it (if that long). I would love more than anything to have an abundance of wealth that would allow me to live without being subservient or employed by anyone (human that it). This is my true goal in life. Especially in the wake of the recent financial situation today. I don't want to be working for corporate America because working for corporate America is like working for the devil. You are owned by them. They dictate what you do, where you go, how you do it, and with whom. Then when you have fulfilled your commitment to them they rip you off and don't give/reward you what you deserve. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the things God has given me. I just want my focus to be more on what is really important, like family, friends, love, and God's children. I want to be free to live my life for God in everything I do. Not spend 80% of it working for the man, 10% working for God, and 10% for me. I want to turn my whole life upside down.

No comments: