Thursday, February 5, 2009

Proverbs 5 - Unknown Captivation

5:20 Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?

Why is it that people seem to be captivated by other people's spouses? What is it that makes the grass seem greener on the other side? The marriage covenant is the most sacred of covenants God has given us between human beings, yet it is marred and trampled on these days. The divorce rate is ridiculous and people trade spouses like they change underwear. Before I was a Christian I played around. I had my share of girl friends and loose women. I was no saint, but still something inside me told me not to mess around with another man's wife or girl friend for that matter. I have always had respect, if not for them then for myself. When you go after another person's spouse, you are going after another person's property. It is no different than stealing. In fact, it is probably worse. You are stealing the love right out of another person's heart. For all who have ever done this, you will be the recipient of the hurt and pain that you have caused another. What goes around comes around. Call it karma, call it biblical, call it cosmic justice. Whatever you call it, it does not matter. Do you think for one moment if that person could forsake their marriage covenant with their spouse, that they will not do the same to you!

No comments: