Monday, February 2, 2009

Proverbs 2 - Shield of Integrity

2:7 He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.

How do yo feel when you are living right? I know I feel great. No matter what happens I know that God is in my corner, on my side, and protecting me. Things can happen yet they don't seem to bother me. I have always felt that integrity is the best virtue that anyone can have but it is also one of the toughest to live up to. There are many definitions of integrity but the 2 I typically use to measure my own integrity are a) to stand by your conviction when everyone else has forsaken theirs. b) who you are when no one is around. Both of these are probably the most difficult aspects of integrity. A) for instance. When everyone else has lied to you, cheated you, forsaken you, do you still stand by your word to them? Do you still follow through with your commitments and covenants? B) - who are you when no one else is around? Do you walk with integrity then or do you let your guard down and do or say things that undermine your integrity? Take a look at both of these the next time you try to measure your own integrity to see how you measure up

No comments: