Sunday, February 8, 2009

Proverbs 7 - The Seductress

I tried hard to pick out one scripture from this passage but at the moment cannot seem to. This whole passage is so important, so descriptive, and so dead on about not only a seductive woman, but the way the world seduces us in general. Everything this world has to offer is dressed to kill. Literally, and it is all a lie. Much of the advertisement and entertainment today uses seduction and sex to lure us into purchase or the world's way of thinking, but is mostly a lie from the evil one. Satan is a cunning, enticing, and crafty. We almost make it too easy for him. He uses power, fame, fortune, vanity, popularity, success, greed, pride, knowledge, etc. to lure us into believing these are the things we need. We deserve to have them. There is not one Christian who is not duped by Satan at one time or another during their Christian life. That is why it is so important to store God's word in our heart, in our minds, and constantly keep it in front of us. From the very beginning he has tricked us into believing his lies about God and God's word. He causes us to rationalize, to justify, and to compromise. I am by no means immune to his trickery. None of us are. I cannot count the number of times he has used some or all of his tricks to get me off the straight and narrow path. I pray that I have become wiser, I pray that I will become wiser still, and I pray that I will be forever immersed in God's word and truth to give me discernment and protection in the future. More tricks are up his sleeve. We need to be vigilant and on guard. If there is one thing I take away from this 2 year study, it will be Proverbs 7. I will use this passage to educate my children on the lure of the seductive world

No comments: