Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proverbs 17 - Gentle Rebuke

17:10 A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool.

How many times in my life do I wish that others would have given me rebuke when I needed it. Instead I have felt the lashes of a fool. I can only blame myself for some of this. I have lived my life on an island for quite some time. I pray that in the future my friends will speak up without fear of losing my friendship or hurting me. Their silence has done much more harm. It is very difficult to know when we should speak up and say things to our friends. Things they need to hear. To tell them when they need to change their behavior, their attitude, or their actions. We have to lean on the Holy Spirit to guide us with the right words, the right heart, and the right attitude. An attitude of love. Christ spoke truth into his disciples and followers lives no matter whether they liked it or not. He put them on the spot. Not out of spite but out of love for them. We need to do the same.

So this video has nothing to do with what I have just blogged but it is awesome



17:16 Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no desire to get wisdom

Okay, I will let this one speak for itself. The current economic conditions are a reflection of this verse. Obama is giving money to fools, and we will end up paying for it. Our life style will never be the same from this year forth. It is being burdened upon the generations to come. It is predicted that the latest stimulus package will cost each taxpayer at least $10,000 in the next few years and that is just to repay the interest. I write these things today as a free man, but our freedom is being sold. We will once again have to take up arms to win our independence from a government that was supposed to protect us. This is a cold dark time in history. Please write your congressman, write your president, get vocal, because it is about to get nasty. Lastly, Texas needs to secede from the US. It may be our only hope for short term and long term financial survival.

No comments: