Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proverbs 15 - The Narrow Path

15:10 Stern discipline awaits him who leaves the path

How many times have you left the path of God's will? I know I have. Every time God brings situations into my life that cause me to turn back to Him. Sometimes He can only work with us when we have no other choice but to depend on Him. When everything is going right and life seems to be good, for some reason we often turn away from God. We become arrogant in our own abilities and believe that we alone are responsible for our good fortune. It is in those times that we should be most thankful. If we don't give credit where credit is due we are setting ourselves up for the fall. God will bring trouble, hardship, calamity, and desperation into our lives to bring us back onto the right path. I have been there. I don't want to ever go there again. I want to always be mindful of the blessing God has given me and will continue to give me. I have always felt that I would rather have hardship and discipline than for everything to be going smoothly. Sure it is nice to have smooth sailing sometimes, but I know that God loves me when He disciplines me

No comments: