Thursday, October 2, 2008

Proverbs 1 - Beginning of Wisdom

Okay, I am not sure how this is going to work. I am a new blogger! Weird see as I have spent my entire life working in IT. I have this thing about computers. I work on them, around them, or in them all day long and I have been very reluctant to do anything with them in my spare time. I guess it is time to get with the program. Anyway, no better time to get started than with this Proverbs Journey

Proverbs 1 -

You have heard the saying about saving the best for last. Well I think Proverbs 1 is about as good as it gets. The wisdom pours out of the scripture like a waterfall. The writer lets everyone know right from the start what these writings are going to be about. Listen, take heed, search out and you will gain knowledge and wisdom from them

1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge
The foundation of all knowledge and wisdom are wrapped up in this one statement. Many have misconstrued this "fear". It is not fear like run for your life fear, that is, unless you are running to the Lord. Respect, reverance, and awe of God and all He is, has done, and continues to do, are the foundation for knowledge. The minute we turn away from respecting and loving God, we become fools

1:15 - my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths
The first "don't go there" verse in Proverbs. Many of the little pearls of today's wisdom can be traced back to this book of the bible. The author is very adamant about not going down the path with sinners, enticers, adulterers, etc. The way of their path is destruction and you will fall into your own pit, you will lie in wait for your own blood

1:22-32
This section is a tough read right now with all that has happened with Hurricane Ike and the other calamities going on in the world. Many have turned away from God's teachings and He is allowing us to reap what we have sewn. We have been eating the fruit of our ways. Our world is becoming more corrupt and perverse every day. Only by turning to God's word and ways can we live safe from harm

No comments: