Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proverbs 12 - Scary for Me

I have been having trouble with this Proverb because unfortunately I have been seeing too much of myself on the wrong side. I am in the middle of studying for my CTP exam which is much like a CPA exam. I hate it, it is so difficult and it like a 2 semester class crammed into 12 weeks with nothing but a huge 4 hour final exam - with arequired 80% to pass. I feel like I will fail.

I have also felt like I relate more to the evil man in these scriptures as I have seen plan after plan of mine fail. I feel like God has thwarted everything I have tried to do whether it was doing something I thought was in His will or if it was not in His will. Has my heart been right, am I the evil man, the fool, the slacker? The past few days there have been articles in the paper about a certain successful person from Lake Jackson. He was also interviewed on Michael Berry' show today. They were all giving him praise for being such a successful business man. I don't like this person because of the many things I know about him. He has destroyed 2 marriages by infidelity, he is an arrogant selfish man. In some ways I envy his accomplishments although I know I shouldn't. I have recently heard he is trying to get his life right with God and in the interview it seemed like maybe his words were reflective of that. I hope that is true. He has been blessed tremendously in life with or without God and has great opportunity to do good in the community.

12:4-5 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones
Don't I know this. I would like to have experienced the former personally. I have seen it, but not be privy to it. The question I have to ask myself is am I right and deserving. In order to have the right person you have to be the right person. I have definitely experienced the latter and this is so true. A good wife is to be cherished by their husband and she is the crowning achievement of his life.

12:18 There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword,
When God talks to your heart it is like being jabbed in the heart. I think that is what I have been feeling today. Also when a messenger of God speaks truth to you in love, it cuts to the heart of a matter. This is why we need to be in contact with our brethren, and in constant openness and surrender to God.

12:28 In the way of righteousness is life, And in its pathway there is no death.
Praise God that we that are saved by the grace of Jesus Christ have righteousness bestowed upon us and we will never taste the spiritual or eternal death. Are you right with the Lord? Don't you want to live forever in eternity with the creator of the universe in paradise and awe?

No comments: