Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proverbs 13 - Inheritance

13:7 There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches
I have tried to make myself rich, I think many of us have. According to many I would be considered rich, but when I look at my life I feel that I have nothing. I am enslaved to a mortgage on a big house that I live alone in. I struggle to make ends meet when it should not be so.

12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life
I am diligently waiting for the tree of life. We are told to never give up hope and without it we would probably all succumb to depression. Our hope is not in this world but in Jesus. When we put our hope in Him we will not be disappointed

13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children
How much we want to leave an inheritance to our children and even to our children's children. That inheritance could be a legacy, a business, financial security, education, etc. I have so far failed on all accounts and can only pray that God will assist me in the future to make wise decisions, to lead me in the right path to accomplish this.

13: 24 He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly
I hate to discipline my children. It hurts me more than it does them as it takes away precious time together with them. I do not spank them often, if at all, but use other forms of discipline. I know I have to do it but it is never easy. Do you experience the same turmoil?

No comments: