Friday, October 10, 2008

Proverbs 9 - Invitation to a Feast

9:1-6 - Wisdom has prepared a banquet for us. When you have a dinner party, you put out your best china, silverware, carefully choose the wine, work all day preparing the meal. You spend days, even weeks in planning and preparation. Wisdom has gone to these extremes for us! Isn't it wonderful the lengths that God goes to for us, in every way possible. As in our invitation for salvation and everlasting life, we just have to accept the invitation to gain wisdom as well. Open up our minds, our ears, our hearts, and come to the table.

9:11 - None of us know when our day will come. We can be taken from this earth tomorrow. God knows I have done things in my life where I should have already been dead. He has given me many more days and only He knows when I have fulfilled my purpose here. He does say that we can add days to our lives by following Him. One thing I know for sure. When I gave me life to Christ, I felt an undeniable sense that He was telling me that He gave me back 10 years of my life that had been wasted. Truth is I wasted more than that, but that was His bargain. 10 years back to me is awesome. I only hope and pray that I can give much more to Him

No comments: