Thursday, October 30, 2008

Proverbs 29 - No Vision

24:18 Where there is no revelation,the people cast off restraint;
One of the biggest reasons I hear people wanting to vote for Obama is that they believe he has a vision for this country. I have to say I believe they are right. Unfortunately for us conservatives, the Republican party seems to have lost their vision. Without vision people will not buy into you plan. That is why so many churches, corporations, organizations all have vision statements these days. It says, this is who we are, this is what we want to accomplish and this is how we will get there. Somewhere during George Bush's tenure, he lost vision. Our country got lost along with him. Congress was already lost and they have been for years but when our leader lost his vision, we quickly fell into chaos. I believe there are better candidates out there besides the big 2, but they will never get elected. Obama will be our next president and I pray he can accomplish all the things he is discussing. It is either a very bright or bleak moment in the history of the US. Do you have a vision statement for your life? I need to put one together. If you could do anything, be anything, go anywhere, what would it be?

24:22 An angry man stirs up strife, And a furious man abounds in transgression.
I cannot tell you how much this fits part of my life over the last few years. Anger is a deceptive feeling. For me it has been very hard to identify what I have even been angry about. Not sure I still know but there are some issues that I have been working through over the last few years that have yet to be completely resolved. I know they are not because there are times when I can be a very angry person. Anger is a secondary emotion as well. For most men we do not know how to experience or express our other emotions. In fact we have been trained not to. Those emotions will most likely turn into anger. I know this is where mine comes from and that is how I am learning to deal with it. I have to first uncover the real reason for my anger, and second learn how to properly deal with and express it. It may be from something that happened ten minutes ago, or ten years ago

No comments: