Thursday, November 13, 2008

Proverbs 12 - The Root

12:1 Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.

Sometimes I just absolutely love scripture! Mostly when it is so simple you go "Duh". One of my favorite passages is in Job 13:5 that reinforces a lot of what the Proverbs say about holding your tongue. I have always used this scripture to tell others to SHUT UP. It goes "Oh that you would be silent, for that would be your wisdom!"

12:3 A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved.

12:7 The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand.

I get such encouragement from these passages of scripture. Though I, in and of myself, am not righteous, I make my stand on Christ and He is the root of my salvation, my life, and my hope.



Natalie Grant "I Will not be Moved"

No comments: