Thursday, November 27, 2008

Proverbs 26 - The wisdom? of Fools

26:7 Like the legs of the lame that hang limp Is a proverb in the mouth of fools.

I was watching a show the other day, I can't remember what it was, or who it was at this time, but the one thing I remember is that he attempted to quote some proverb and butchered it to the point that it did not make sense. His proverb was paralyzed. Of course I am sure there are some fools out there to whom it was immense wisdom but he completely lost me and I turned the channel. Don't let others turn the channel on you! God wants our words to be few, but the ones we choose need to be seasoned with wisdom, truth, love, and kindness. It takes a long time to gain wisdom, and a short time to become a fool. And this is most likely done with our mouths. It makes no difference how wise you actually are if you mouth spews only foolish words and advice

No comments: