Friday, November 21, 2008

Proverbs 20 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

24 The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Do you ever find yourself trying to make sense of things that just don't make sense? Ever wonder why this particular thing or that particular thing happened and what is it that God is trying to show you? I think that sometimes we just have to set back and let God. He is in control of all things and everything in our lives. He knows the decisions and actions we are going to take or make before they happen and He has already managed the outcome. We just need to walk by faith, accept life, and give thanks to God for all things and in all circumstances. Kids seem to be uniquely qualified for this mentality. They love life, they live life, they know have a very honest and sincere acceptance of God. We all need to have the faith and dependence of children. When I look back on some of the things in my life that I did not understand at the time, sometimes the answer if very clear as to what God was doing. One thing I am very content about is that I have learned to know that God is in control of my life and He is working things out for the best for me

No comments: