Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proverbs 5 - Not to mention

5:3 For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey, And her mouth is smoother than oil; 4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword. 5 Her feet go down to death,

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Gross. I almost made myself barf looking for a picture I could use to show Syphilis. One of the oldest STDs known to man. It has been around as long as prostitution. For many years there was no cure. Until Penicillin. Today we have better STDs. Ones that are more stealth, more deadly, and incurable. Anyone taking their chances today is like playing Russian Roulette. You could end up with a lot more than you bargained for.


3:16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? 17 Let them be only your own, And not for strangers with you. 18 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth. 19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; And always be enraptured with her love.
Temptation for the Christian man (and woman) is difficult. Everything in our lives around us points to sex, promiscuity, adultery, perversion, etc. It is especially difficult if you have been to the well and sampled the water. Being divorced, for me, has been more sexually difficult than being single. I think there is an added level of frustration. I was geared up for being enraptured and I got robbed. I have to be especially careful now with my eyes, my thoughts, and my heart. I want that life. I want don't want to grow old, but I sure don't want to grow old alone. Hence there is more temptation for me to do things on my own. The Internet is a great dating tool these days but it also has a dark side to it. Sites like MySpace, Tagged, Facebook, etc. are not always very careful about what they allow on the site. Little eyes need to be careful what they see.







No comments: