Thursday, November 20, 2008

Proverbs 19 - Gods immaculate gift

19:3 People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord.

Have you ever known anyone in this situation. I know that I have been there. In fact, I live by the grace of God and nothing other because if I allowed myself to look at my past, I would say I ruined my life. But God looks at our present and our future, when we are in Christ He does not see our past. Praise Him for His grace and love. I posted a song by Brandon Heath a few blogs ago and I am just in awe of his gifts. His music is raw, it is honest, it is on the edge and different. His newest is about seeing the world from God's eyes and as my friend Andy said that is true wisdom. I want to see people as God sees them. I want to love as He does, and I want to let that flow through me like a river of life. There are so many people out there that are hurting, hiding, and empty. We need to be the arms, eyes, ears, legs, feet, and heart of Christ

Casting Crowns "If We are the Body"

19:14 Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the Lord can give an understanding wife.

This week I was at a conference and talked to a bunch of people I don't see very often but enjoy being around. A couple of the women I was talking to both mentioned that they would never get married again. They did not see the need for it and they were content being on their own. The tables have basically turned from the way things used to be it seems. These women only wanted a man around to take care of their basic needs from time to time and for a little companionship. Then they wanted them to go away until next time. It is very odd to me that marriage has become somewhat outdated in our society. I guess I should not be surprised. I on the other hand would consider it to be the greatest blessing of all to have a woman to share my life with, one that understands me, really wants to know me for who I am, and will stay just the same. I know marriage is tough. I have failed at it before. But I am not willing to write it off. In some ways I think that these people (aforementioned) have given up on God, though they may not say. They are somewhat like the first scripture mentioned and may even be angry at God because their previous marriages failed. I know I felt that way for a long time but I know that was not God's fault. Things happen and for what we do not always understand why. But we need to know that God loves us, forgives us, and does what is best for us always

No comments: