Friday, November 14, 2008

Proverbs 13 - Keep Hoping in Hope




13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
When you pray and pray and hope for something to happen and it doesn't it can become very disheartening. Especially when you cannot see how what you are hoping for and praying for cannot be something God wants. I heard someone say that God's wants and His will are not always the same. I had to really think about this for a moment and try to relate it to my life. The best example I could come up with was disciplining my children. I do not like to discipline them. Sending them to their room or taking away a privilege is one of my main methods of discipline. Well that also takes away from my being able to spend time with them. I don't want to do this, but I have to. That is how God's will is sometimes. We need to hang onto the fact that God knows and does what is best for His children. That is what we have to remember as we continue to hope for the future.

Chris Tomlin "Jesus Messiah"

13:25 The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul, But the stomach of the wicked shall be in want


When I was not a Christian, my life was empty. Sure I had a lot of stuff, a lot of friends, I was always on the go, has a stable of women, nice cars, a lot of things were very nice about living without rules, without authority, without accountability. But there was so much wrong with. I was always empty inside. I was missing purpose and inside I was missing fulfillment. In fact I was missing everything and trying to fill it up by staying busy and popular and wasted most of the time. Now that I am walking with Christ life is so different. Sure there are empty spaces but I feel so much better about myself, about life, and about my future. I no longer have the needs or desire those things of my past. Yes, right now, I do get lonely sometimes in an emotional and physical sense. But God has an answer for that too. The other day I was talking to God in the shower about my loneliness and He told me that He was lonely too. I was shocked and asked "How can you be lonely with all the saints and believers that are around your throne and in heaven with you"? His response to me was "You are not here". That was an extremely powerful feeling and I felt so much better. I knew I was in the presence of God. I did not want to leave. No God does not speak to me audibly, but He speaks to my heart. The wicked never know this feeling and we need to understand that so that we can have compassion for the lost

No comments: