Saturday, November 15, 2008

Proverbs 14 - Dear Prudence

14:3 In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, But the lips of the wise will preserve them.

What is up with all the piercings and tattoos these days? I never understood the desire for something like that. I understand that it is expression, but what are you expressing? Anyway I digress. I am not sure what the rod of pride might be in this scripture but I do know that loose lips sink ships and the lips of the wise are kept tightly sealed. Out of the overflow of our hearts, our mouth speaks. Does yours speak wisely, kindly, lovingly, or praiseworthy? I have been on a mission to make everything that comes out of my mouth be worthy of leaving it. This is extremely hard to do. The more you try, the more others seem to want to drag you into complaining, griping, and gossiping. I have found that being conscious of what you speak, makes you conscious of what you think, which makes you conscious of what it in your heart

No comments: