Friday, November 28, 2008

Proverbs 28 - Unheard Prayer

28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

Do you every feel like your prayers bounce of the walls or dissipate into thin air? I know I have. I sometimes feel like I have prayed and prayed for so long for so many things but never receive a reply. Is God listening? Does He care? Why doesn't He answer me? I have had moments of intense despair, pain, emotional hurt when I cried out to God and seemed to have gotten no answer. Unfortunately, we don't always feel the presence of God. But that does not mean He is not there. In fact, He never leaves our side. "I will never forsake you", is His promise. But why does it feel like He does sometimes. I think back in my own journey and I think that many of these times is because I did not listen when He did speak and I was not following His will. I may have had un-confessed sin or been preoccupied with other things, but it is never God that does not listen or is not present. Most of the time it is us who are not present. God demands our undivided attention and it is during these times when you will truly feel God's presence. I am learning all over again (it seems) how to do this. Some days are better than others. Sometimes His word speaks to my heart as if He is right beside me (which He is). Other times I cannot seem to shut out the world to hear Him. Ask God to show you what is interfering with your communication. He will!


Barlow Girl "Never Alone"

No comments: