Sunday, November 2, 2008

Proverbs 1 - Like a Storm




The more I read these Proverbs, the more I believe that we are in our last days. A lot of people say that but none ever give a very concrete answer as to what that means in terms of days, months, or even years. Truth is no one knows, but when you look at scripture like this one can only see that it can't be too long.

22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? 23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you. 24 But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, 25 since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, 26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you- 27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. 28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me.

I can only read these scriptures and see that this is happening right now under our very eyes. It is a bit scary, but also something that we should welcome. We, as a country, as a people, have shaken our fist in the face of God. Even though there are many believers, we have not gone to battle against the forces of evil. We have allowed it to run rampant. It is like a child repeatedly telling you how sorry they are to have committed the offense, yet they keep doing it.

No comments: