Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Proverbs 3 - Love Hurts

Do you like being corrected? I don't think that any of us do. But without correction there would be no improvement. Most of us don't have the discipline for self improvement. We would just sit around and watch TV. I have always said that if things were going too well, I was worried. I always took that to mean I was probably not walking on the right side. I have long since left that kind of thinking, but I must have gotten that from this verse

3:11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction; 12 For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

I have realized that correction comes in all forms. It is not always in the form of discipline. What we learn about correction typically comes from those who have corrected us here on earth. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. How do you receive correction from the Lord? How do you react when you receive it.

3:15 She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor.

Do I have a choice? Let's see length of days, or riches and honor? Doesn't sound like a bad choice. Of course with wisdom you can have both.

No comments: