Sunday, November 23, 2008

Proverbs 22

22:2 The rich and poor have this in common: The Lord made them both

Have you ever been in situations where you are among wealthy, successful people and felt out of place? Like you didn't belong? Did it make you depressed because you felt inferior to them because they seem to have been either lucky or more fortunate than you? This scripture reminds us that when you boil it all down we are the same. We have the same maker, we are all the same in God's eyes, and we will all come before the Lord in the end. It is very easy to be envious of those more successful, more happy, more prosperous. God has set each and everyone of us on our own path and we need to constantly remind ourselves that we have our own special purpose. It is our destiny to find our purpose in the body of Christ but all Christians make up different parts of the body. We need to strive for unity in the body in order to achieve the full power we are intended to achieve

6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.

I have seen this time and time again. It is true in my own life. Though for many years I went astray, God's presence was always there in my life, my mind, and my heart. I eventually came back to the Lord and dedicated my life to Him. We have an awesome and daunting responsibility as parents to introduce, educate, and nurture our children in God's word. The better we do, the stronger they will be to live out their faith.

No comments: