Saturday, December 20, 2008

Proverbs 16 - Godly Humor

16:9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

I heard a statement this week by Art Linkletter. He said that Phyllis Diller once told him, "You want to make God laugh", "Tell Him your plans". I think our lives are a lot like this. We make plans, we try to get ahead, etch out a good life for ourselves and our families, but no matter which way we go, God is going to move us down the path He intended for us. It may be an easy road if we stay in God's will, but more often it will be a winding road with intersections, dead-ends, construction, and unpaved paths. I think that I tend to make God laugh a lot. There are so many times that I have "felt" God's leading in my life, only to realize that it was not God's leading at all, but merely my strong desire. The best that I think I have learned is that God is patient and he deals with us patiently. If you feel a strong urgent, urge in your life, examine is carefully. You may find that it is your own desire and not the Lord's. When your desire lines up with God's, He will open doors and windows to make it happen

No comments: