Saturday, December 27, 2008

Proverbs 25 - Refreshment

25:13 Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters.

Though this time of year is one of great stress, it is also one of great renewal. We think about the birth of Christ and what that means to us, what hope it gives us. Every year God brings us this great message. The message of His coming to earth to save us. As we reflect we renew our promises to God, renew our promises to each other, and renew our promises to ourselves.


Do you make New Year's resolutions? I do. I did not used to because I could never keep them, but then I figured that was a defeatist attitude. Even if I do not keep them, it is good to have a self-improvement goal for the year. At the end of the year you can look back and renew your goal. I strive harder and harder each year to meet my resolutions. Some I meet, others I don't. Above all, I strive to keep things in perspective. My goals this year are pretty much the same as last year. Spend more time with God is high on the list

No comments: