Saturday, December 27, 2008

Proverbs 26 - Gross

26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

Our propensity in life is to return to the sins of our past. I know that has always been true with me. Satan knows our weaknesses and he plays/preys upon them. He wants to make us ineffective for the kingdom. Every time I have slipped it has usually been from those sins that have dragged me down before. We need to be aware of what those sins are so that we can take special precaution not to allow ourselves to be overly tempted or drawn into them. As a dog returning to his own vomit, returning to our own past life is often gross and disgusting to us once there. How could I be so stupid, how could I even think to relive the past? I want only to move forward with my hand in God's.

No comments: