Saturday, December 6, 2008

Proverbs 4 - The Light

4:18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. 19 The way of the wicked is like darkness; They do not know what makes them stumble.

Walking the path of the Lord is wonderful. It is full of illumination, sometimes painful illumination but that is part of our growth. God continually shows us things in our life that need to be trimmed or removed and he is constantly grooming us to be like Jesus. As we grow we learn to avoid those things that make us stumble and fall along the way and our walk becomes ever brighter. Not so with the wicked. They are walking in the darkness of this world and cannot see the things around them that cause them to stumble and fall. Have you ever been in pitch dark blackness? I mean completely no light at all? It is very disturbing. I think the closest I have ever been to this would be scuba diving at around 200 feet. It is pitch dark down there. Without my underwater light it was frightening. That is what a life without Christ is like. I am so glad to have Him in my life and I pray that He illuminates my life to more and more each day

DC Talk "In the Light"

1 comment:

Andy Valadez said...

Great analogy! Never been scuba diving, much less 200 feet.

Sincerely,

Andy Valadez