Monday, December 22, 2008

Proverbs 18 - Air it Out

18:2 A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

Do you know people like this? Have you ever been like this? I know I have. I want to be less and less like this as I get older (and hopefully wiser). I find that a lot of people are just parrots. They repeat anything they hear or read without researching the matter. How many of you have gotten urban legend emails from friends claiming that they are true? How many times have you heard someone being so strongly opinionated about something that you just read on Yahoo? Sometimes it is ridiculous to think that we will spend such a great amount of effort blabbing on and on about something that we have not even researched or formed our own opinion about. I have resolved to understand before I speak. If I don't understand or care enough to research the matter, I need to be quiet and keep my opinion to myself.

No comments: