Monday, December 22, 2008

Proverbs 20 - RU Pure

20:9 Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"?

And the answer is.......NO ONE! I think this one scripture sums up the entire Old Testament and prefaces the coming of Jesus Christ. Very pertinent during this time of the year. How do you see your savior? I see mine as in the picture above. I do not believe that Christ was anything like we tend to picture Him. He was a rugged, strong, man's man. Yes He was very kind, courteous, compassionate, loving. But He also did not put up with any crap. He confronted sin, Satan, Sadducee's, and Pharisees head on. He turned over stone tables, He man-handled a demon possessed man who broke his chains, and he took 40 lashes on his back with a cat of 9 tails, not to mention bearing the cross on the road to Calvary. He was definitely no wimp. He did all of this knowing what the end would be like. Can you imagine? If you knew that you would be crucified for you children at the end of the road, after school, teen years, college, etc., would you choose a different path. Maybe not, but would you do the same for the person you consider vile, disgusting, degenerate? I sincerely doubt it. Christ died for ALL!

No comments: