Monday, December 22, 2008

Proverbs 19 - Continued from Proverbs 18

19:2 It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.

Okay, did I read ahead? This verse it seems should come directly after Proverbs 18:2 as a continuation of airing your opinions. See my comments from 18.


19:23 The fear of the LORD leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

What is your picture of this scripture? What does it mean to you to be content and untouched by trouble? When I try to picture this in my mind I see myself lying in a tall field of grass, with blue skies, gentle breeze. A strand of grass in my mouth, arms folded behind my head, neatly pressed shirt, beautiful woman lying on my side, and a peaceful smile across my face. That is my peaceful place. Of course we all know that life cannot be like that always. Or can it? This verse at least tells us that if we have respect and awe for the Lord we can rest contently always. Nothing can touch us. Trouble will come, there is no doubt. But our faith and dependence on the Lord will give us a peace that surpasses understanding.

No comments: