Monday, January 12, 2009

Proverbs 10 - Silence is Golden?

10:19 The more talk, the less truth; the wise measure their words.




I found this video clip. It is for Proverbs 18:20 but the same principal holds true. Sometimes when you take the time to carefully choose your words, you may find that what you were about to say had no value or merit. What you are more likely to find is that taking time to "hear" in your head what you were about to say, may not be what you really want to say at all. Especially with those who are around you most. We tend to treat our loved ones worse that we would strangers. Why? Because we can get away with it, because they know us, and they will usually tolerate our behavior. It should not be this way. We need to take more care with those we love around us. I want to be a man of few words, but I also want those few words to be valuable, edifying, encouraging, correcting, and peaceful. I don't want to be rude, self-righteous, or in a bad mood. I just want what I say to make a difference. A difference to the listeners and a difference to me.

No comments: