Sunday, January 11, 2009

Proverbs 9 - Don't Waste your time on the Wasted

9:7 If you reason with an arrogant cynic, you'll get slapped in the face; confront bad behavior and get a kick in the shins.8 So don't waste your time on a scoffer; all you'll get for your pains is abuse

How many times I have dealt with this. I have tried many times to speak the truth of God to those who are completely cynical, to those who want to make God out to who they want him to be. They don't accept God's word as relevant, or completely true. They find fault with the fact that it has been written by man, translated down through they centuries, and can't even comprehend our way of living. I have learned to not even waste my breath and time on them. I will always continue to pray for them, but will no longer speak the truth until they have been led by circumstances or the spirit of God to accept the truth and God's word are true. Maybe that is being hard. It does not mean that I don't still care about these people or love these people. They just don't want to hear. As Jesus so often said, "let those who have ears, hear".

No comments: