Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Proverbs 27 - Eat Your Own Lunch

27:18 As workers who tend a fig tree are allowed to eat the fruit, so workers who protect their employer’s interests will be rewarded.

I am having a real hard time with this scripture. I consider myself to be one of the very fortunate, at least right now. I still have a job and my job still rewards me very well for performance. The problem is I see many examples in corporate America where people have been robbed. Of course the biggest one that comes to mind is Enron, but there are many more. Enron executives and employees that had nothing but their own (not their employer's) interest at heart robbed thousands of employees and retirees of their savings and retirement accounts. I was fortunate there as well I guess. I only lost $35,000. I know people who lost hundreds of thousands! We are seeing this every where today. I have to agree with what my friend has written. We need to return to a time when businesses were privately owned by mom and pop, families, and entrepreneurs. If we continue on the same old path, we will reap the same rewards. It is time for a paradigm shift in the business environment. Corporations are the dinosaurs of the past

No comments: