Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Proverbs 12 - The Beauty of Discipline

12:1 If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it— how shortsighted to refuse correction!

How good are we if we don't put our learning into action. I have had the joy of experiencing this over the last few days. Learning so often comes in the form of discipline. God will test us to find out if what we are learning has really become part of our lives. We need to always be conscious of this because it will come and often quickly. It stinks when you miss the opportunity and look back and say "I just read about that a few days ago and yet I missed the boat". I think we all have a tendency to avoid correction. Correction is a great and wonderful thing when it comes from our Father. It is His greatest display of His love for us. What we need to do is realize that in our discipline, in our deepest and darkest moment, in our despair, and anywhere we are we are never alone!



"You're Not Alone" - Meredith Andrews

9 Better to be ordinary and work for a living than act important and starve in the process.

I wonder if this is why I sometimes just stay where I am, work wise and ministry wise. I have never had the need to feel or be important. Significance, yes, importance no. I want to make a difference in God's kingdom, for His people, for my children, but importance is not my driving force. I do want God to expand my horizons and I pray for this every day. I want to live my life for Him but I have yet to figure out how to do this and leave my current job. Until then I will bloom where I am

No comments: