Saturday, January 3, 2009

Proverbs 30 - Just enough

30:7 O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die. 8 First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! 8 Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. 9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Most of us would love to be rich. We look for things that we can invent, design, buy/sell, or write that will bring us fortune. We play the lottery and dream. But we also have heard the many horror stories about those who have become rich and it lead to their demise. Most people are not able to handle wealth. It handles them. How many times have you asked God to just give you the opportunity and you would do great things with the money when you get it? I know I have. Don't you think He would give it to you if it would be for your better? I know that I would do a lot of good things with a lot of money if I had it. What God wants is for me to do as many good things with what I have as I can. When I consistently do this, He gives me more. It is a trust factor just like with your kids. You don't hand your children your credit cards and turn them loose in a toy store. When they have developed the ability to be wise and spend wisely, then you allow them greater financial freedom. This is what I ask of God. Give me the ability to be financially wise, have more financial freedom and to give more from that financial freedom

No comments: