Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proverbs 20 - Inauguration Day

20:18 Form your purpose by asking for counsel, then carry it out using all the help you can get.

20:28 Love and truth form a good leader; sound leadership is founded on loving integrity.

With today being inauguration day, I thought that these verses out of Chapter 20 were very appropriate. I did not vote for Barack Obama. Surprise, I know. But in a way I did vote for him. I did not vote for McCain so anyone who did not vote for McCain voted for Obama indirectly. Unfortunately, that is the way our election process works. I am not sure if I will see it changed in my life time.

I do believe that Obama will try to be a good president. I believe he has good intentions, that he is a very strong person. He may not hold to some of the beliefs that we all have, but I do believe he wants what is best for this country. I feel very sorry for him because I don't believe he will succeed. This country will not turn unless there is a revolution. A revolution in every sense of the word. We need to remove Congress, we need change about 50 years of bad policy, bad decision-making, etc. We need a revolution of spirit. This country needs to get back to God in every area. We need God in our schools, in our court system, in our restaurants, in our sports, etc. We cannot continue without God. That is why I believe he will fail. I will always pray for him and our country but I believe we are on the precipice of time where Jesus is getting ready to make his triumphant return.

No comments: