Thursday, January 15, 2009

Proverbs 14 - Rules of the Road

14:14 A mean person gets paid back in meanness, a gracious person in grace.

How much have I been living this lately. It is a vicious circle. This one particular person in my life that I love very much is downright mean. Always has been, at least as long as I can remember. I want to say it is part of their DNA, inherited so to speak, but as the years have gone by she has just gotten meaner, more selfish, more unaware of the way she treats people. In making this observation, I also have to look to myself to ensure I behave with grace and love. It is very difficult but I am called to do so.

14:31 You insult your Maker when you exploit the powerless; when you're kind to the poor, you honor God.

Another statement as to why our country is in its current state of affairs. How long has our court system, our government, etc. exploited the powerless. We have a system that is supposed to represent the people, but instead it represents the corporations, the lobby groups, and political action committees. There has to be an end to this. I pray that God will produce leaders of the type that this country was founded upon. Leaders who are willing to lay down their lives for their constituents and buck the status quo. It is time for a paradigm shift in our ruling body.

14:34 God-devotion makes a country strong; God-avoidance leaves people weak.

We have removed God from the schools, God from our courtrooms, God from our politics, and God from our daily lives. We all have a responsibility in this and a responsibility to do more. Our nation is dying, it is on a slow spiral to hell. I know that the Christian body is frustrated and in some ways feels very powerless to change the current direction. Only in prayer and through removing our self-dependence can we achieve this goal


Promise Keepers Rally in Washington DC

No comments: